Although we are committed to providing excellent preventive care and advice, it may sometimes be necessary to extract a tooth for the following reasons:
- Extensive decay or advanced gum disease
- A wisdom tooth has become impacted
- A baby tooth has failed to fall out and is preventing the emergence of a permanent tooth
- More room is needed for successful orthodontic treatment or to ensure new dentures fit properly
- Can eliminate pain
- Prevents the spread of infection
- Creates extra space
- We take an x-ray and assess your teeth to ascertain the best method of removal, which will either be a simple extraction or a surgical extraction.
- A simple extraction is performed on a tooth that is visible in the mouth. It involves loosening the tooth and removing it with dental forceps under local anaesthetic
- A surgical extraction involves making a small incision in the gum to remove a tooth that may have broken off or is concealed under the gum.
Immediately after your tooth has been taken out, try to keep the site clean by rinsing with warm, salty water. Encourage healing of the affected area by eating softer foods and chewing on the opposite side of your mouth. Also, try to avoid smoking or using a straw, as these can dislodge the clot that forms in the hole after extraction.
If you experience intense pain a few days after an extraction, you may have a condition known as dry socket, which occurs when a blood clot fails to form or is dislodged prematurely, exposing the bone. In this case, you will need to see the dentist who will help to rectify the problem and alleviate any pain.
A small monthly payment secures regular inspections & cleans, special benefits & discounts along with worldwide trauma & emergency-call out insurance*.
Interest Free Credit
Spread the cost for your treatment over 6 months or 10 months Interest Free & no deposit. Get in touch with us today for more information.
- Free consultation with our Treatment Co-ordinator
- Friendly, professional & welcoming team
- Payment plans starting from as little as £8.49 per month
- Flexible appointment times
- Interest Free Finance to help spread the cost